Sunday, May 24, 2015

A520.1.6.RB_DellElceCamila

A520.1.6.RB – Self-Awareness

Emotional intelligence: I consider this core aspect one of the most important ones to have. Evaluating where I began with this program and where I am at right now, I believe my emotional intelligence has increased a significantly. With time, I have learned the importance of my support towards others feelings. In addition, when I have learned that by recognizing other’s emotion’s I learn about my own emotions and how to control them.

Attitudes towards change:  This is a major issue I have always fought against of. Although I found much improvement, as I got older, I find the MSLD program has provided me with additional tools to find positive aspects about change. The more I learn, the more I am able to understand why change is such an important course of life in a professional or personal matter. The sooner you accept change, the sooner you get to enjoy the positive outcomes of change.

Cognitive style: Since I started the MSLD program, I never heard of the cognitive style before. Today, I have a better understanding and I make use of my critical thinking in every possible way. I comprehend that decisions should always be based on critical thinking in order to make the correct choice. Cognitive style not only leads you to the correct choices, but it also helps individuals to be better leaders.

Values: Ever since I can remember, I was brought up with values and ethics. Therefore, I believe my values were already high before I started the program. Needless to say, I have learned that values should always be applicable to your professional environment and a lot of people are always appreciative about it. Therefore, although my values have not change, I can say I have a better foundation of what values mean to me.

Core Self-Evaluation: Whetten and Cameron (2011, p. 62) referred to core self-evaluation as personality measure with “the Big Five” dimensions—neuroticism, extroversion, conscientiousness, agreeableness, and openness.” Therefore, understand my personality has always been important but it has also been difficult to find a way to do it. Therefore, the MSLD program has tremendously helped me find way to study my dimensions and understand who I am. While understanding the core self-evaluation, I have leaned that I am not as introverted as I thought, I am very conscious about what I do, and for the most part, I am open to new ideas.

References

Whetten, D., & Cameron, K. (2011). Developing Management Skills (8th ed.). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment